Modified: 01 Sep 2015 19:25 UTC
With sdc-docker, there are some limitations on volumes that are slightly different from Docker Inc's docker:
- there is a limit of 8 'data' volumes per container
- 'host' volumes (/hostpath:/containerpath) are not supported
- you cannot delete a container which has a volume that another container is sharing (via --volumes-from), you must first delete all containers using that volume.
- there is a limit of 1 --volumes-from argument per container
- When you use --volumes-from you are necessarily coprovisioned with the container you are sharing the volumes from. If the physical host on which the source container exists does not have capacity for the new container, provisioning a new container using --volumes-from will fail.
- When you use --volumes-from, volumes that don't belong to the container specified (including those that this container is sharing from others) are ignored. Only volumes belonging to the specified container will be considered.